Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:55:22 GMT by Elixiem Amoguis

Hi

When creating a spreadsheet to import budget numbers, how do we format the entry for budget type "Fixed Percent"? . For example , I need to compute for 5% of a particular account code the 5% goes to Value column, where is the account code entered?

In the manual input, there is a pop-up for the target accounts.

thank you

Lexi

Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2017 22:22:30 GMT by Elixiem Amoguis

M3 Support comments:

"When importing using the import export utility you can’t import using any type if percentage. The type column must be By period. Once you import the data, then you can go into the budget and change the type."

Does anybody has a work-around?

Posted Sat, 12 Aug 2017 01:15:50 GMT by Michael Cheesman BA

Hello Lexi, 

Please keep in mind that the Fixed Percentage option, as well as any percentage option in the budget, relies on the selection of at least 1 or more budget line items, so that the calculation can be completed successfully. At the present time our importing system does not have the logic or capability to import this type of calculation. I can make a couple of suggestion as work arounds:

• The percentage calculations can be completed in an outside program such as excel and then the amounts can be imported using the By Period Option
  • If the calculation exist in a prior year you can copy the budget from a prior year, lock the line items (Type and Values) that used the Fixed Percentage Calculation, and then import the remaining items that are unlocked. This method does require that the percentage calculations are set-up manually 1 time with-in the application, however if the percentage amount are consistent from year to year this will help prevent reassigning the line items associated to the percentage. 

If our support team or myself can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know. 

Michael Cheesman

Support Manager

Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2017 19:50:38 GMT by Elixiem Amoguis

Michael

Thank you for the work-around suggestion.

Lexi

You must be signed in to post in this forum.