Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2018 17:48:09 GMT by Ralph Felder KFK Group

How do I change a line item in my P&L so that expense is calculating against the proper income?  My Gift Shop expense (for actual, budget, MTD and YTD) should be calculating only against the Gift Shop revenue line item to get cost %.  But it appears that currently this is not happening.  How exactly do I make this change?  I know I go under Maintenance in Financial Designer, but I'm having a problem on what to do next.  Thanks for any input.

Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2018 18:52:00 GMT by John Turnbull Room Numbers LLC 3rd Party Consultant

Maintenance-Financial Designer-Layout-Select the report-Edit then Right-click on the % column-header and click on the % calculation option. Go to the Edit tab and select the expense you want from the left window and the revenue you want from the right window, click Append, never click on Replace. Save. Do the same for your other % columns or copy from this one.

Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2018 20:26:38 GMT by Ralph Felder KFK Group

Thank you, John!  I greatly appreciate your direction. I've now been able to correct all of the % calculations for our Gift Shop revenue.  Again, thanks very much.

Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2019 01:29:03 GMT by Andrea McIntosh Controller

Thank you for posting this! I was able to use it for the same purpose.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.