Posted Tue, 28 Jul 2020 19:14:02 GMT by Marita Fahey Assistant Controller
I'm trying to create a GL Interface with my Payroll Software, Paylocity, and I'm wondering if the Journal Entry Import Excel Format Template is the best way to go about this.

Also, can I use one Template for several Journal Entries? If so, how do the JEs print and what do they look like?

Thank you,

Marita Fahey
Accounting Manager
Holiday Inn/Staybridge Suites
Posted Wed, 23 Sep 2020 20:39:59 GMT by Christian Davis Vision Hospitality Group Inc VP of Accounting
This should be the best thing to provide Paylocity for the formatting of the upload. I believe Paylocity already has some of their clients that work with M3 as well and may already have the template information in their reporting tool. 
Posted Thu, 24 Sep 2020 11:49:28 GMT by Marita Fahey Assistant Controller
Thank you for your response, I also submitted a help desk ticket two months ago and received feedback from that avenue in July. 
Posted Thu, 24 Sep 2020 12:09:00 GMT by System Administrator Portal Administrator User
Marita,

From the original post am gathering you are receiving the data from Paylocity and are charged with manually entering the data. If that is the case you can use the Modules: Import/Export Utility:  Journal Entry Import XLS file.   When this is imported into the GL the view and printing will be the same as any GL Journal entry that is printed.   

I do have a question are you using M3 Time Management for your employees to record your time? If so we can check with Time Management Implementation to see if there is the possibility of working with Paylocity to get an automated import in place.

If you need further assistance on this import please contact Tech Support via a case submission here on the Help Center,

Thanks,
Wil.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.