1) How to Roll the Daily Report with no data (data is all zeroes)
If your daily report does not permit rolling over with no data, there is a rule that will need to be suspended/turned off.
Steps: (will need rights to complete the following, which might require your M3 System Admin (normally corporate office) to complete
- At Property Level : Maintenance Daily Report: Daily Rpt Layout
- Select the Rules Tab
- Locate the rule to modify
- Select Edit
- Place a check mark in the Allow Rollover box
- Select Save
Note: This change will remain until it is modified back to not allow rollover by following the same steps by unchecking the Allow Rollover check box.
2) If you have usernames that will not be utilized, please remember to submit a case or email email@example.com so that we can disable the username from our side which in turn will remove billing for that username. If you would like a list of all currently enabled usernames for your organization, please let us know in the case.
3) Budget and Forecast within Accounting Core. Provided are a couple of documents that will help with the following topics:
- Steps for Creating and Using the Forecast Module: This guide will go over the basics of starting to use the forecast module and how to set it up.
- Compare Budget to Forecast in Financial Layout: This document goes over how to insert the forecast column and how to add a variance column to compare the budget to forecast.
4) Here is a very informative article that may be beneficial regarding Independent Hotels and the current national situation with COVID-19: https://www.hospitalitynet.org/opinion/4097709.html
5) For our customers using tablets for Time Management:
With the recent Corona recommendations, many Users are asking how to properly clean the Tablets and the bio-metrics.
To properly clean the screen on your smartphone or tablet, use a soft, lint-free cloth.
The use window of cleaners, harsh chemicals or cleaning solvents on your tablet is discouraged.
Also, NEVER spray anything directly onto the screen. Some screens, have a special coating that can get wiped away if you use chemicals to clean the screen. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes that hand sanitizers containing at least 60 percent alcohol have been shown to be effective at eliminating germs.
6) Did you know that you could set-up any of your dashboards to email a link at a scheduled time daily to retrieve their data from Insight. They will be directed to the Insight login screen when clicking the emailed link and once logged in sent directly to their scheduled dashboard. We have instructions for how to set this up on the Help Center at https://help.m3as.com/content/documentation/insight/ or you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can walk you through it. Click Here for the instructions on how to do this.
We will continue to add Tips and Reminders to this blog, so be sure to check back in regularly. If you have questions/ideas that you would like to get feedback from other M3 customers regarding procedures, how they handle things, etc., please utilize our M3 Forums to post these to share ideas with each other.
If you have any questions or concerns, M3 Support is standing by to assist you.